Continue reading by scrolling after the advertisement.
AniRadio+ is looking for Anime Episode Reviewers in the Philippines!
November 1, 2020 at 4:05 PM PHT (GMT +8)
Let's turn that passion into an opportunity! We are looking for Anime Episode Reviewers in the Philippines to join us on our website expansion!
Press/click the image to enlarge.
- Create written episode reviews of anime film/series to be designated by the editors for the AniRadio+ website (work in your free time, no work hours will be given).
- Join weekly/bi-weekly meetings as deemed necessary for huddles and assessment (don't worry, it's scheduled weeks prior)
- Just enjoy <3
- Free unlimited access to legal anime streaming sites such as Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc. (Yes, of course. We will provide this for your task, you can also use it for personal use subject to our internal policy)
- Cash incentives will be given per anime episode review, cash amount will depend on the criterion-based assessment by the editors
- Join Aniradio+ future events as organizers
WHO CAN JOIN:
Wanna-be-reviewers shall meet ALL of the requirements listed below:
- must be 16 years old and above of any gender and nationality
- must be permanently living in the Philippines
- freelancers, students, anime hobbyists, anime fans, currently-employed workers, anyone is welcome!
- must have a decent to excellent English technical writing skill, the more proficient you are, the more chances we'll get you in our team. Of course, verbal skill is a plus!
- must have an overflowing passion for anything anime-related and Japan in particular
- must NOT have a bias in anime specifically in the genre, art style, studio, voice actors, etc.
- manga knowledge in-correlation to the anime is a plus.
- must have a device that can run streaming apps smoothly such as Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc.
- must have a decent internet connection for anime streaming and weekly/bi-weekly huddles and meetings.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Download the form
Google Drive Link:
2. On the document downloaded, write three (3) sample episode reviews consisting of the ff:
- 1 anime review of the FIRST EPISODE of any anime listed below
- 1 anime review of ANY EPISODES (between the first and last) of any anime listed below
- 1 anime review of the LAST EPISODE of any anime listed below
Anime to Review: (we will not be providing access here, so please find your own resources)
- Attack on Titan (any season)
- Assassination Classroom (any season)
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Cardcaptor Sakura (any season)
- Cells at Work!
- Code Geass (any season)
- Danganronpa (any season)
- Food Wars! (any season)
- Fire Force (any season)
- Given (any season)
- Magatsu Wahrheit
- Naruto Shippuuden (any season)
- Oregairu: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (any season)
- Pokemon (from 2018 or later)
- Re: Zero (any season)
- Violet Evergarden (film or series)
- Zoids (any season)
- any single-run series premiered last Spring and Summer 2020
IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to plagiarize somebody else's work, we will be checking your reviews very carefully.
2. Send us back the file through e-mail with the ff: details:
SUBJECT: Aniradio+ Anime Episode Reviewers Application
BODY: Full Name and Contact Number
3. Wait for our receipt confirmation. Answer extra questions regarding interview schedule availability.
4. Get ready for a one-time online talk with the Aniradio+ team through Facebook, Google Meet, or through the phone.
5. Final reviewers will be announced anytime around December 2020.
Application is until December 01, 2020 only!
Note: This is not a regular job and we're just accepting your service as freelancers, thus, will not be bound by major labor laws and policies but will still be subjected to our internal policies that are deemed necessary for the benefit of both parties.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Updated as of Nov. 2, 11:21 PM:
Q: How to join AniRadio+ as an Anime Episode Reviewer and what are the requirements and qualifications?
A: For the application procedure, the application form, and other details visit here: https://www.aniradioplus.com/News/AniRadioPlus-is-looking-for-Anime-Episode-Reviewers-in-the-Philippines
FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/aniradioplus/photos/a.192883357836026/1083304562127230/
Q: Why the Philippines only?
A: As much as we want to get somebody from other countries, our scope of business indicated in our DTI (Department of Trade and Industry) and BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue) business permit is currently limited only to the Philippines. But we are looking forward to our expansion soon, once this feat will become a success. So please support us all the way. ❤️🙏
Q: Can 15 years old and below join our team?
A: Unfortunately, it is in our internal policy that we will not accept ages below 16 as we care about the priorities of these people. We don't want this to affect their education and don't want to encourage them in watching anime and write reviews while doing their school responsibilities regardless of their ability to manage time and have the skills.
If you are currently 15 years old and will be 16 by January 1, 2021, we can accept your application.
Q: I'm a Filipino but I'm out of the country, can I still join?
A: As long as you are here in the country once the project starts or by January 2021, it will not be a problem. But if not, we can't accept any application since we do not cover transactions outside the Philippines as mandated by our business permit.
Q: Do I need to go to your location and is the work a "Work From Home" setup?
A: No, there's no need. All transactions will be made online (application, interview, acceptance, review, payment, etc). You can work from home forever. But please meet us even once a year if possible to attend events and enjoy it with us. 😂
Q: I can't access the application form, what are my options?
A: Please visit our website and there are two links listed there, one for direct download and another via Google Drive. If it's still unresolved, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Do I need to submit a resume?
A: No, there's no need as this is not a regular job and we're just getting your service. All we need is the application form. Please see FAQ #1.
Q: What is the 'bias' thing that should not apply?
A: The bias we're talking about is technically the reviewer's unbiased preference when writing a review. If the reviewer personally doesn't like romance anime, he/she should not compare it with the other genre. And one best example we can give is that if you don't like 'Studio Deen' due to their animation flaw in a certain series, focus on the animation they did in the anime series you are currently reviewing.
Q: What anime should I give a sample review for the application?
A: We need 3 sample reviews of any anime on the list we have provided for assessment. Any other anime not mentioned are not allowed. The 3 sample reviews must be:
- 1 sample review of the FIRST EPISODE of ANY anime listed on the list
- 1 sample review of ANY EPISODE (except the first and last) of ANY anime listed on the list
- 1 sample review of the LAST EPISODE of ANY anime listed on the list
Attack on Titan Season 1 - Episode 1 (first episode)
Oregairu Season 2 - Episode 7 (any episode except first and last)
Food Wars! Season 5 - Episode 11 (last episode)
For the list of anime for sample review, visit here: https://www.aniradioplus.com/News/AniRadioPlus-is-looking-for-Anime-Episode-Reviewers-in-the-Philippines
Q: What should be the content of the review?
A: It should contain the main 3 parts: Introduction, Main Body, and Conclusion.
- spoiler disclaimer if any
- sets the mood of the reader
- explains the overview of the episode
- may include a short description of the highlight of the episode
- (for the first episode) a short retelling of the last episode of the previous season
- (for any episodes except the first) a short retelling of the last episode
- news stories if any (ex. additional character introduced, its voice actor, etc.),
- briefly describes the plot of the episode (may contain spoilers of non-important events in the series) Note: NEVER INCLUDE EVENTS THAT YOU THINK WILL RUIN THE READER'S EXCITEMENT, you are writing the review to give a critic, not to describe all that happened
- critic's point of view on the current episode (may include direct critic for the characters, expectation, production, story, etc. and even comparisons if necessary), this will make your review longer in length
- overall summary reaction to the episode (may include self-rating)
- (for the first episode) a short expectation for the succeeding episodes
- (for any episodes except the first and last) a short expectation for the next episode
- (for the last episode) and an expectation for the next season/or the possibility of a new season
- last statement
Q: How long should the review be?
A: During the application, we require the applicant to at least write 1,000 words per review from the introduction up to the conclusion, including the story's plot discussion, quoted news, and recommendations if any. This is due to that we need to assess the capability of a person to broaden a topic even with limited facts since a review is opinion-based literature. This is also the reason why we came up with the provided list of anime which contains a much longer and deeper storyline that is suitable for helping the applicant achieve the length we are looking for.
In the actual review tasks, due to the nature of the work, the length of the review will vary depending on the anime itself which is still unknown since the anime is just about to begin in January (meaning the length can be 500 to 1,000 words or more).
Q: Why do you need 3 sample reviews for the application?
A: We need 3 reviews in order for us to accurately assess and give several considerations for the applicant. Just think about this:
1 applicant sent 1 review, we'll grade it 95/100.
1 applicant sent 3 reviews, scores are 80/100, 98/100, 90/100.
- we will accept the one with a 98/100. It only means there will be more chances to prove yourself.
Q: Should the review be objective or subjective?
A: The review can be made in any way as preferred by the critic. But since the main objective of a review we are looking is to make people understand both sides of the coin (the side of the creators of the anime, and the side of the viewers - in this case, the critic is the voice of the viewers), it is normally mixed (both subjective/objective views) but never pure subjective as it will turn away from our goal.
Q: Are spoilers allowed for the review?
A: Spoilers may be allowed in some aspects. There are times that spoilers are needed to clearly describe the thoughts of the reviewer. Placing a spoiler is by self-assessment. If you think a spoiler is unavoidable, kindly place a spoiler alert in your introduction to formally announce that your review contains a spoiler.
Q: What will happen to my submitted sample review for application?
A: The sample reviews that will be submitted by the applicants will remain the property of the participant as we will not be using it anywhere else and will act just as an assessment of skills.
Q: Can I earn a lot on this?
A: Since we already stated that this is not a substitute for any regular job, and just an opportunity to earn while doing other things, the compensation is not as big as you think. Since the payment for this is in a per-review-basis, it is technically a "what you work, what you get" system. A 'review' means a single written critic of a single episode of an anime if it is a series, or a full review if it is a film. Since there will only be 10-20 anime series that will come by Winter 2021 and anime episode only comes once a week per anime series, there is a chance that the work assigned to a person will be at least in a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 5 per week. See the next FAQ.
Q: How much is the cash incentive?
A: We define "cash incentives" as the compensation in a form of cash that will be given to every review a person will provide us for our website. The amount will vary based on these factors: anime, quality, punctuality, length, and content. Regardless of the person's qualifications, background, and expertise, all output will be judged only on the stated factors. In other words, even if you are a professional, we look into the quality rather than the profile of the person meaning an 18-year old can earn the same as a 35-year old. It will all come down to quality.
We can't exactly tell how much a person can earn as an incentive for the output but we don't close the possibility of the person earning up P100 to P500 or more for a single episode review output. This number might seem small but again this is just a review per episode, a single series review consisting of 12-episodes can earn the person as much as P6,000. The rate is different for film reviews. Since this is just an incentive, no taxes or other dues will be deducted from the actual pay.
Q: How will I get paid?
A: You'll get paid for every review you'll submit but the actual payment will always be released monthly (30th of the month) digitally. You should have a least ONE of the following for us to transfer our payment.
Q: How much work will be given to me on the actual tasks?
A: A regular-length anime series consisting of 11-14 episodes generally releases one episode per week and there is an average of 10-20 anime series per season, in this case for Winter 2021. Meaning if a person can handle 3 series, it will account for 3 reviews per week. There is no maximum nor minimum amount of series to handle. You might opt not to get any task for series for the whole season, but it also means no output, resulting in no payment. You might opt to get more than 5 anime series but the commitment must be there and are deemed manageable.
Q: How do I know if I passed the assessment?
A: AniRadio+ Team will reach out to you via e-mail, phone, and Facebook. If you are unable to receive any message from AniRadio+, it means that your application is not accepted.
Q: I passed the assessment, what are the next steps?
A: Once we notify your assessment as passed, we will schedule you for a one-time talk with the executives for an online informal interview (no need to wear business attires, again it is informal). You'll be asked certain questions. No anime test or whatever test will be conducted. Just be yourself in this situation.
Q: How do I know if I passed the interview?
A: AniRadio+ Team will reach out to you via e-mail, phone, and Facebook. You'll be notified whether you pass, fail or an additional interview is needed for you.
Q: I didn't respond to answer AniRadio+'s messages due to reasons, what should I do?
A: You need to come back to us within 48 hours for us to proceed to the next step. Unable to do so will invalidate your application even you have passed the assessment.
Q: How many Anime Reviewers will be accepted?
A: For now, we need at least 3 reviewers but maybe more once we have received the final list of anime that will premiere in Winter 2021.
Q: I failed the assessment/interview, can I still join?
A: Once this project became a success, we will be having the next batch next year and you are still eligible to join.
Q: Do you accept other roles aside from Anime Reviewers?
A: As of now, we are not open to any other roles. But we'll announce if needed.
Other than these more in-depth details will be provided during the interview process once the person passed the assessment.